Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mui Ne

I love it here in Mui Ne! This town is a small bubble of coolness. hahahaha! You know what I mean! As soon as I arrived and got settled I was invited to a party with Cristina by some Irish guys, one of whom turned 30, and everyday since we've been chillin together on the beach day-night. These Irish and Aussie guys range from 26-34 yrs old, and they're all Kite Surfing instructors, so they're very carefree and real. Yes, they like to party and I've heard crazy stories about high-season, but they are some of the most grounded people I've met so far. Most of them were wind surfers who came here on holiday and never left once they were introduced to this budding extreme sport. The kite surfing is a little too pricey for me at this time in my life, because of my big upcoming move to Australia in a couple months, so I have to budget still, but the sport is relatively new and is booming there too, so I'll eventually try it. It's amazing to see these men surf the waves and barely flip the handle of this giant kite to fly through the air long distances and do flips and figure 8's. What a rush! My favorite person I've been spending the most time with is a 34 yr old kite surfer from Belfast, Ireland named Paul. He's so intelligent and relaxed. Considering that he was living in Belfast during the riots and bombings of northern Ireland. I've been here 4 days, and I'll stay another 3 for Paul's B-day, and then I have to rush through Saigon into Cambodia, because my visa is about to expire!
I just received word that Pat Bray is working on his passport, Vaccs, and organizing his vacation time to travel out to Thailand while I'm there. It will be so great to see him. Omg! I miss my friends, and I want nothing more than to share this experience with those I care about.

No comments: