Saturday, August 23, 2008

the buzz

I've been in Bangkok for over a week, and I love this city! Anything you want is available here. The malls are so entertaining: 7 stories high, 1 block long, equipped with a VIP movie theatre(plush reclining seats, drink service, blankets, etc...), a bowling alley, state of the art games, and everything else under the sun. I could go on for days. Did I mention I LOVE Asia! I could live out here and be happy for the rest of my life if the people I love the most weren't so far away.
However, I did make a friend out here. He's one of the most amazing people I've ever met. His name is Paulo and he's a 65 year old Italian jewelery artist who has spent his life collecting and studying stones from all over the world. Also, he's a yogi who lived in India for 20 yrs. I love him, and he has offered me so much valuable guidance. I am thankful for his friendship. Did I mention he has a long white beard and looks like one of the members of ZZ Top, and everywhere we go he has people running up to him to compliment him on his beard. :) His energy is pure and wise. Paulo told me that the secret to life is peace, health, and divinity, and with that formula, consistency is key.
He told me that I am beautiful and to flow with life. Don't fight it. Be the still point in the turning world. -t.s. elliot

I jumped into a cab this afternoon and my cab driver and I became friends after the fare was negotiated to make us both happy. You have to be able to meet in the middle with people. Give and Take. His name is Jo. I asked him to take me to the city center, because I wanted to see a movie for the first time in almost 7 months! I wanted to see Batman! :) By the time we got to MBK Jo asked if I would like a friend to join me. I said yes. He and I went to the 7th floor, and he took me out for some traditional Thai food. Tom Yum Khun! Yummy! Spicy Thai soup with seafood. He treated even though I protested. Then I treated to the VIP movie. We drank our pink lemonade with huge grins plastered against our faces as we snuggled into our fuzzy red seats with our fuzzy red blankets. The movie kicked ass! I can't believe how amazing Heath Ledger was, may he rest in peace. Jo took me back to my guest house on the infamous Koh San Rd.
I need to pack, because I fly into Singapore tomorrow morning, and arrive in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia tomorrow night. I'll spend a month there. I'm so excited. This is where my best friend Emily lived with her lovely family for 5 years. I've heard so many unbelievable stories.
:D

No comments: