Sunday, August 10, 2008

Saun Mokkh

My 10 day vow of silence, teaching yoga, learning Buddhism, sleeping on a concrete slab and wooden pillow, eating farm fresh organic vegetarian food, meditating by walking/sitting/standing, learning about the dhamma, and being brightened by a loving smile by the monks;volunteers;fellow students, really changed my life. I feel so transformed! :) The experience was deeply personal, and I would love to share it with you if you ask me intimately.
I absorbed everything like a sponge drinking up the spirituality, nature, and peace. I needed this and it was the most important experience in my life thus far. On day 9 I had an emotional breakdown, and it was difficult not being able to talk about it or write it out, since that's my form of therapy. I was forced to confront these issues, even things that arose that I had deeply suppressed. I healed a lot of old wounds, and although there are still a couple cuts in my heart that are sore I reminded myself of something anytime I felt upset about the future: que, sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. que, sera, sera. What will be, will be.
When the past hit me hard I realized it no longer exists anymore, and that I have to let things go through loving kindness.
The only reality is now.

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

good to hear your experience was great and i would love to hear all about it.

Diane said...

Tracy,

It is so gratifying to hear about all of your wonderful experiences. Yours is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, for sure! Meeting new friends is lovely. Enjoy your stay in Australia. Are you still planning to return to the US in October?

"Auntie" Di