Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I arrived in Chiang Mai

I only arrived a few hrs. ago, but this small bustling city is ripe with holistic health and adventure. This is my mecca as I knew it would be. :) I had a good feeling about the journey north, and already I feel so content just by being here, and like I said: We only just arrived! :) The next 10 days are packed with activities! Sue only has 10 days left here with me before she meets her husband in BKK to fly to Nepal and climb to the Everest Base Camp.
My stomach has been acting up a lot lately, so has Sue's. We are going in for a colon cleanse tomorrow morning after our meditation class, and after the cleanse we are going to find an inexpensive Thai massage to wring the toxins out of our bodies, and then of course drink loads of water and my favorite Asian acidopholis drink.
The next day we leave for our 2 day trek: hike through the jungle, ride elephants, white water and bamboo rafting, and visit the long neck women of Karen village before our trek to the waterfall for a refreshing dip. We get to stay with one of the tribes for a night. It should be an interesting experience.
This Sunday's weekend market is for the cheap shopping. Monday we have enrolled in an all day Thai cooking school. YAY! I get to cook for all my friends and family when I return home. We wanna learn how to make authentic Pad Thai, curry dishes, papaya spicy salad, spring rolls, etc.., and then we leave for 2-3 days to stay with Monk Chet at the Saun Dog Temple to study intensive Buddhist meditation.
We then need to relax, because she leaves next Sat.
After Sue leaves I get a lovely discount on a single room for $150 baht/$5 a day while I study and take all my massage courses. I'm going to rent a bike for transportation, and use this time to get in shape, express my creativity, learn a new trade, make new friends, and do whatever. :)
I love the flexibility.
We just returned from walking downtown to explore the famous Chiang Mai night bizarre. It was awesome!!!!!!! Anything you want can be found. Plus, you gotta love the $20 baht/6 cent cab ride back to the guesthouse.

I will upload pictures soon for those of you who have been writing me: no worries! :D

Just a thought: Getting to Thailand is the pricey part, but once you're hear everything is cheap. If you can swing it, come on out for a visit. This country is absolutely amazing! Everyday is an adventure. I love it here, and I'd love to share it with you...

No comments: