Monday, March 3, 2008

not cool/ mai de naak mak

Yesterday we were robbed! Someone broke into Nichole and Ben's house while I was out getting some food. My things were rummaged through, but nothing was taken except the phone Nichole lent me(in case I had any problems). What was weird is that my stuff was in disarray just from me sorting through it, so I thought nothing of it, especially when my passport and money was still in order, but when Ben came home from work, and his friend stopped by to pick up the playstation only to not find it, something was wrong. He was really upset, because it was in a bag with all the games, and he thought he had accidentally thrown it out with the trash. He couldn't believe that was something he would do, and stated in his thick English accent, that it was the stupidest thing he'd ever done. Over the course of the night and over dinner we all laughed about it and chalked it up to a strange mistake.
Then in the middle of the night I was awoken by Nichole who was distraught, "Tracy, do you know where my American phone is? I use it as an alarm, and Ben can't find his passport with all his money that was in my top drawer." No. I had no idea. "I think we were robbed!" After a friend stopped by in the middle of the night to help, He and Ben dealt with filing a police report with the drunken Thai police. This is really scary! They didn't take much, and the things taken were weird random things that were hard to find: An American phone with no SIM card behind Nichole's bed, a passport with money inside of it in a drawer, and a playstation in a bag which was completely concealed. They did not take my wallet and passport right by the door, nor the money scattered on table tops, nor the laptop, t.v., playstation 3, or computer...???
It doesn't make sense! We can't help but look at the construction workers with skepticism, and the little old man next door who keeps watch while he runs his store saw nothing. Today is a stressful day. I want to help, but don't know what to do. Oh! and the kicker is I accidentally broke their fan this morning!
I feel like a jink, and that hurts my heart. *sigh* So, we're just trying to deal with this stress. Ben has to drive a few hours to and from BKK to visit the Embassy and get a new passport and visa, contact the MVD in the UK for a new drivers license, and contact the bank for a new money card. Nichole's lost phone numbers are invaluable. She said the Thai's love phone's because they can switch out the SIM and sell the phone, but this one you can't remove a SIM, so they probably just tossed it. :(

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

I miss you and glad you are having fun. cant wait to see ya