Tuesday, March 18, 2008

reflection on BKK

I am falling more and more in love with Asia as the days go on. Besides the horrible pollution in Bangkok. This is a city of the senses. This city stimulates your nerves and desires, which is a good place to start for me, because it's getting me in touch with my body, but I want to go deeper within myself beyond the layers of my physical nature.
Yesterday Sue and I walked up and down 7 stories over a 6 block radius: MBK, Siam Discovery, and Paragon(very chic!). By the time we reached the sky train to return home our feet were throbbing! I laid with my legs up against the wall and did yoga to relieve my aching body.
I feel as though I was meant to meet Sue. She is a perfect compliment to me, and I have enjoyed her company and our conversations immensely. She is a special person, and I look forward to visiting her in Perth, Australia.
Today I awoke tired and groggy, but I rejuvenated with fruit for breakfast, and we got our things all packed up and ready for our 13 hr. train trip up north to Chiang Mai. We left our luggage at Asha Guesthouse while returning to MBK to return my cell phone charger. We jumped in an interesting cab: The guy was fixated on Elvis, and sang "Love me Tender." The 3 of us had an Eagles: "Hotel California" sing along until we arrived. As the phone place charged my phone for me with my new charger, Sue and I went downstairs to an authentic Hong Kong dimsum restaurant for lunch. It was awesome! I love Asian food, and thought of Lee(my brother), because he would LOVE Thailand! My phone was all good to go, so we took the skytrain to Saphan Taksin where we caught a $15 Baht/5 cent ferry up the Chao Praya River(through the center of Bangkok[Bangkok is known as the Venice of the Orient]) to Asha Guesthouse to retrieve our bags. We leave in 1 hr. for the train station.
You'd have to stay in Bangkok 10-15 years to see half of it. This is a fabulous city that grows on you. I will miss it, but I'm ready to move on. Green Tulip House was recommended to us as a superb place to stay in Chiang Mai($6 a day). After 11 days there Sue will leave, and I will be alone. That is when I will enroll in massage school.
Everyday I hear stories from travelers about how they've been taken advantage of, and I've heard horrendous stories of all sorts, but I find the Thai to be lovely people. I think you get what you give in life. This is a country where you do have to negotiate and be street savy. Do your research, learn the language or try to :), and negotiate and greet people with a smile.
Being in this country is a brilliant experience. I'm right where I'm meant to be every moment of every day. Once you realize that in life, then it makes ever person and event really special. That realization keeps me centered, grateful, and joyful in my heart.

Happy St. Patties Day! Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad=I love you very much! Emily, Happy 30th Birthday tomorrow. I miss you.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

purchase ambien order generic ambien online - buy ambien online cheap

Anonymous said...

can you really buy xanax online mail order xanax legal - xanax bars youtube

Anonymous said...

ambien zolpidem zolpidem tartrate 10 mg tablet buy - zolpidem 5mg flashback

Anonymous said...

alprazolam price cost of generic xanax without insurance - xanax side effects yahoo answers

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg buy real diazepam usa - diazepam withdrawal schedule

Anonymous said...

ambien online ambien cr vs regular ambien - ambien withdrawal rebound insomnia

Anonymous said...

buy ativan uses of drug ativan - quit smoking with ativan

Anonymous said...

zolpidem buy online lethal dosage zolpidem tartrate - zolpidem tartrate 10 mg

Anonymous said...

discount ativan ativan dosage side effects - can u buy ativan online

Anonymous said...

ativan cost teva lorazepam 1mg lorazepam 1mg - generic ativan no prescription

Anonymous said...

xanax 0.5mg xanax drug interactions advil - xanax vs lexapro

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg diazepam dosage eclampsia - 6 mg diazepam effects

Anonymous said...

generic alprazolam drug interactions with xanax and lexapro - xanax online order

Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan no rx - ativan klonopin xanax

Anonymous said...

how to buy xanax online buy alprazolam no prescription needed - order xanax online without rx

Anonymous said...

lorazepam mg ativan side effects drugs.com - buy ativan online overnight

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online buy ativan without no prescription - side effects of ativan sublingual

Anonymous said...

cheap soma online generic for soma 250 - buy herbal soma

Anonymous said...

buy valium roche buy generic valium no prescription - street names drug valium

Anonymous said...

valium online overnight order valium online cheap - buy valium kuala lumpur