Monday, September 8, 2008

bike gang

Soraya, David, Dodik(my Balinese friend), and I rented motorcycles and rode out to the hot springs and Gitgit waterfall. Dodik strapped me into the helmet and took me to Kalibikbuk to meet Soraya and David. Soraya and I rented motorbikes, and David rode on the back of Dodik's motorbike out of town towards the hotsprings. It was a blast! The 3 springs were sulfuric and healing. They are varied in temperature with giant stone dragon faces which poured water out of their mouths. The water streams from their mouths massaged my muscles and turned them into putty. :) In the giant pool I swam around like a frog, just because I could, but in the small pools my eyes fluttered shut and all my tention escaped my mind and body as I slipped into a meditation.
We ate chicken satay with peanut sauce, and drank tea. We all get along so well, and had a great time laughing it up in the springs.
On the way back through town we picked up Willie. She jumped on the back of my bike, and we were off again. This time towards Gitgit waterfall. We climbed our bikes up the roads through the jungle mountains and beat the storm. Once we arrived, we hiked down a series of steps for 15 mins. and approached a massive waterfall that filled the valley with mist. It was gorgeous! We took many goofy pictures, and then hiked back up, singing songs and laughing, and left. On the journey home we took back-roads, trying to avoid potholes, and wizzed through the jungle towards Anturan at sunset.
Tomorrow I leave and head west to dive for the last time, before I head south to surf.

No comments: