Wednesday, September 17, 2008

going going, back to back, to Bali Bali

So, 20 hrs., 1 train, 1 ferry, 1 bus, 1 bemo later, and I'm back in familiar Bali after navigating through chaotic Java. I arrived in Kuta this afternoon, and after a long cold shower I put on my black and red bikini and sauntered down to the beach. This town has the beach attraction flooded by Australians and surf enthusiasts. Kuta reminds me of Mission beach, San Diego, CA., with an Indonesian twist. The crowd is young and scantily clad. The locals have bleached out hair and adopted a bohemian/reggae-like vibe. I like the buzz here. It's relaxed. Kuta reminds me of Emily, and I miss my best friend.

Kuta is still trying to recover from the 2002 terrorist bombings, which is the deadliest act of terrorist in Indonesian history. The terrorists targeted a nightclub with 3 bombs in the happenin tourist area killing over 200 people. The memory of this event still haunts this city.
I recently learned that the terrorists responsible for the bombing will be executed this month.

I'll stay in Kuta my last remaining 4 days in Indonesia and use this place as my home base to explore the south a bit, or just relax on the beautiful beaches, swim, read my new book: Water for Elephants, and eat tropical fruit. :) I want to soak up this experience. This is also a convenient place to pause because it's only 20 mins from the airport. It's less than 2 weeks until I'm home again for 3 whole weeks to spend with my family and friends. :) Yay!
I have a feeling of peace and satisfaction coursing through me. I did it! With god on my side, I went half way around the world alone, functioned freely through foreign cultures with language barriers, and overcame many of my random anxieties and adversities. I wonder, what's to stop me from opening up my own business soon? Why not?

2 comments:

JohnSlater said...

Hey Tracy,

There is nothing to stop you opening your own business ;-) What an amazing journey you have been on, and that journey has only just begun.....go for your dreams Tracy, why not???

John (Australia)

Tracy Aleksic E-R.Y.T., C.M.T. said...

John, you are one of my favorite people I met on my travels abroad. Thank you for your support! :)
Like you said, why not?
I think it's great that we met at the detox/yoga retreat center: Ananda, because we purged out the old us, and made room for the new us, which is where this confidence is coming from.

:D
You're a wonderful person!
I'm glad we're friends.