Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Old Medicine Hospital

My Thai massage school is called the Old Medicine Hospital, and it is a phenomenally great school. I'm so impressed by their clear explanations, demonstrations, and assistance. I'm on my 3rd day of school. So far in lecture I've learned: Different types of massage, what is takes to give a good massage, creating balance, and where Thai massage came from. In practice I've had three separate partners, and so far we have covered Sen lines on the body and various techniques applied to the feet & ankles, legs/hips/back, and stomach/chest/arms/neck/head. Did I mention that I LOVE my school?!?!?! :D What's weird is that I enjoy doing hw for hrs every night. Now that's a first!
Next week everyday after my Thai yoga massage classes I have added a foot reflexology class in the evenings. Next Friday is my big test day for both classes, and then I get my certificate of completion. I have decided to skip the oil massage course, because it's not really my taste. After class today I asked one of my instructors where I can take an advanced studies course, because it's not offered on the curriculum. She led my downstairs with a big smile on her face, and handed me a pamphlet for another school. I'll look into that and Reiki classes when I'm finished.
I'm thirsty for knowledge! hahaha! Love it!
I attend school with 20 interesting international individuals: Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Greece, Russia, China, Korea, Thailand, and little ol' me from the USA. I have worked on Anne from Switzerland, Arthur from France, and Chang from Korea. Today Chang gave me the most intriguing compliment of my life. He said: "You have the most lovely ribcage on any woman that I've ever seen. I've never seen anything like it, it's so open! You seem so connected to your Uddiyana Bhanda. :D
Thanks, Chang! He's a gorgeous person, and a magnificent healer.

Before school started this morning, I was talking to a lovely German couple who suggested I go to Sri Lanka to study Ayurveda, Yoga, and Meditation in the Capital and down south(away from the war). That's a thought...I'll look into it! I've received offers to go to Egypt and Morocco as well. However, I still have a little under 6 months left to travel, so I don't need to decide now.
:D
I'm open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.