Monday, April 14, 2008

venting

In the last couple days I've moved from 3 different rooms at the Green Tulip, due to all the Mayhem and confusing booking of Songkran. The day before yesterday I was moved into a lovely room only to be told the next day that a couple upstairs couldn't sleep in a fan room, and since they were willing to pay more than double what I was paying I would need to move. I was upset with all the moving around, and let them know with all this inconvenience that I would expect nothing less than a discount for my trouble. They obliged. The staff here are good people, and they do care a lot about me.
However, I was moved into a room with a girl I didn't know. She seemed okay, so I dropped off my stuff and met up with my friends. Later that night I returned exhausted and sunburnt requiring sleep. I was awoken to this disrespectful twat having sex with some guy she just met at a bar not even 3 ft away from me on the bed. I heard the sloppy kissing and moaning through my earplugs! I am aware that this is her room too, but there are no outside guests allowed, and this was awkward and uncomfortable for me, so I asked them to please keep it down. They stormed out and returned an hour later to do it again! I stormed out this time. How disgusting and rude! Now, I'm no puritan, but this was just nasty! At 5:30 in the morning I sat at a table with the manager who was also irritated while I was feeling emotional and put-out. She was fed up with all the disrespectful selfish people who arrived at the Green Tulip House for Songkran.
A funny thought that went through my frustrated brain while my slutty roommate was riding her stud, was that I should have turned on the light, sat up, and asked where the popcorn was for the show. Another amusing thought was that I could have started taking pictures while directing them, "Now could you move you head slightly this way? Great!" hahahaha!
Last night while I was tired, annoyed, and feeling like I was tired of the adversities hitting me continuously upside the cranium while in Chiang Mai(many of which I don't write about) I texted Mark. He ran out and got a phone card to call me and see if I was okay. Even now he is still the only person I really feel I can talk to about anything, and I know he's always there for me. That means so much! :) Thank you, Mark.
Last week I wrote him an email that expressed a lot of pent up emotions relating to our breakup. I even wrote Emily and bitched to her about he and I's breakup and my feelings. I'm glad I spoke my truth. I had hard feelings, which he and I have since talked over. Last night we reconnected, and I'm grateful. I wished we could have worked out, yet I know I'm meant to be here, and be open to learning and experiencing with no strings attached, so I have no regrets, and he shouldn't either. He joined the Canadian military career reserves and starts a double major at Concordia University soon. I'm so proud of him.

This morning when I awoke, the manager: Nine told the owners what happened, and the girl was evicted. They were shocked, repulsed, and protective over me. I was not charged for last night, and I have my own room for tonight. I must admit that I'm ready to get the hell out of Chiang Mai. Tomorrow I leave for Pai. 5 of my Thai massage friends will join me for a little relaxation and exploration, as well as continuing education in the north.

None of this was really a big deal. Now it's a laugh amongst my friends and I.
Sometimes something as small as this can be that icing on the cake that solidifies that it's time to move on. ;) It's all good.

1 comment:

adventurouswomen said...

Hey Tracy,

I can't believe the gall of that chick!!!!!! I must admit I am cracking up laughing reading it, although I'm sure it wasn't very funny at the time. Your posts are as inspiring as always and I felt like I was at the Green Tulip whilst reading it. When its time to go, you just gotta go hey! Good luck in your future travels and I'll keep checkin in. Luv Sue x